Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sewing Project #1, & Work

A couple days ago I went on a new adventure to start a hobby I had always longed for but never had the time to do it. Finally, after much contemplating back and forth I made the plunge and just did it....I bought a sewing machine. I knew I was crazy, after all I knew nothing about sewing! I turned on the machine and plopped myself on the table with my computer in hand. I watched hours of videos on YouTube and read on how to sew. Boy, was it confusing and more and more I thought I was completely nuts to even start such a crazy hobby with baby girl's due date fast approaching. I decided I was not going to give up after all I had given up many times because of our TTC journey. Finally I made headway and I felt good. I was teaching myself how to sew.


I felt adventures and went to the nearest fabric store, picked up some fabric and brought it home. Continued to read and teach myself and whola I have my first project done! 

Harper's first homemade blanket by her momma!


I'm beyond exhausted!! However, I am feeling rather accomplished of myself. Now as I sit on the couch I will not be moving for the next couple of hours. I may even sleep here that's how comfy I am!

Other than killing myself on a sewing machine today at work I got to thinking. I only have 12 more work days left. I can't believe the end is near and a baby will be in our arms. I have such excitement and nervousness in my body. Emotions I can't even began to describe to you on paper. We are so excited to meet our little miracle. 2.5 years in the making. I am very grateful to be able to take time off to be with our baby girl after she is born. It will seem like a long time but I know for a fact time will go by so fast which means both mommies need to cherish that time with her because as everyone says they grow with a blink of an eye. I am however, rather excited to be getting a break from work. It will be nice to just get away and not worry! 



Well, that's all for now...Till next time!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blog!!

Tommalie said...

I miss the puppy!!!!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila