Ever since we got pregnant we knew there would be many humps (milestones) to get over throughout the pregancy. At first it seemed as though days took forever and weeks took years and little by little we got over one hump and we were then able to breathe a huge sigh of relief. It seemed as though it was one hump after another and everytime we went to a doctor's appointment we were a bunch of nerves and then another sigh of relief.
Last Thursday, we hit one of the biggest humps we have been wanting to get over since the day we found out we were pregnant. 24 weeks. Many don't know what 24 weeks means and many do not celebrate this huge milestone. The 24th week of pregnancy usually marks the start of the age of vitality; the first time the fetus could potentially survive outside the uterus. This was huge for both of us! We know that if anything god for bid was to happen and our baby would have to be delievered there is a chance she could survive outside the womb. However, she better keep baking for a long, long time until she is fully ready to come! Last Thursday, like every other morning I woke up and reached for my phone to shut my alarm off and quickly I had remebered today was a very special day for both of us. We were both so happy to have gotten this far in the pregnancy and we celebrated that entire day.
While we were at dinner we were talking about all our milestones that we have overcome and we came up with a list...
- Getting a positive pregnancy test
- Seeing a sac on the ultrasound
- Seeing a heartbeat
- Hearing a heartbeat
- Growth between the 6th & 8th week
- Making it past the 12th week where miscarriage rates lower by half
- Making it past the first trimester
- Making sure all Trisomy and Down syndrome tests are clear and normal
- Nuchal scan being normal and clear
- Passing my first glucose test
- Anatomy scan being normal and clear
- Reaching vitality-24 weeks!