So remember how I mentioned in a previous blog post that time seems to be slipping from our fingers? Yeah...well I feel like we need to get things done ASAP. I believe my reasoning behind all of this is the fact that baby girl can come whenever she would like. We pray and hope that she doesn't make her debut until she is ready and well around her due date but reality is everyone is so different and since this is our first pregnancy everything is in the "unknown". This is where I believe our panic mode buttons have come from. I would hate for her to come and we are not ready at all. So the past two weeks we put on our "let's get this done now" hats and work towards having everything ready.
Well, to say the least my OCD has just taken over and instead of me just getting things done I want to make sure everything is perfect. So this brings me to the word "nesting". I know I have mentioned it before and quite frankly I feel like I have been nesting forever. So I decided that nesting is not just for the birds...pfft! Story is I want everything in tip top shape before our little princess arrives and well this means making sure everything is clean and organized.
So in my venture of organizing our household I have done some major cleaning and de-cluttering of stuff, which, I will save for another post.
What I will share is what I found useful in my adventure of prepping for baby in the past couple days!
- The diaper bag (Well, duh! I think this may come in handy to help carry the 1,000 things that lug around with a child)!
- Changing pad
- Diapers (I researched that for a newborn a good rule of thumb is to bring one diaper for every hour or two that you will be out)
- First Aid Kit (You never know when this will come in handy for you or the baby)
- Pacifier clip (We all know we don't want that little sucker to disappear)!
- Diaper disposal bags (I can count many places where this will come in handy....we all don't want to smell a stinky diaper).
- Boogie Wipes
- Wipes (from what I have been told they say you never have enough wipes!)
- Kleenex (in case I get so hormonal or just need one lol)
- Diaper rash cream
- Pacifier wipes (we hate germs especially those on the floor which is where a pacifier usually falls to)
- Nursing cover
- Hand sanitizer wipes
- Disposable nursing pads
- Pacifier bag to keep it away
- Extra outfit with hat
- Grooming kit
- Burp cloths