Friday, July 19, 2013

33 Weeks & 1 Day

According to my ticker we only have 6 weeks & 6 days (48 days) until baby girl makes her debut. This is getting more and more real as time passes by. It still is all so surreal to me....that in less than 6 weeks we will be moms. Our long journey of TTC will soon end with a baby in our arms. I just can't believe it in all honesty.

The other day we were talking about our maternity photos and what we plan on wearing on the day we take our photos. Sarah had asked me if I plan on taking any photos of my belly. If you would have asked me that when we first found out we were pregnant I would have probably said no. I guess the sight of my stomach made me cringe. I have always battled weight issues since I was little and my stomach being a huge area of battle for me just made me sick. I am so used to seeing all these women on covers, magazines and even friends showing their beautiful bellies. They look so soft and so perfect. I then continued to lift my shirt up at 33 weeks. You know it is really weird. I haven't really stopped lately to just look at my body since becoming pregnant. I guess I try and avoid mirrors at all costs. Sarah smiled and made me tear up when she said I looked beautiful. I immediately went to the mirror and there I stood bare belly and all and I took it in. I loved what I saw. I love what has become of me since becoming pregnant. I don't think I am fat or ugly...I feel beautiful! I feel empowered. Sarah wanted to take a picture of my belly to save and share. I am not embarrassed of my stretch marks that have been made since becoming pregnant. I adore these beautiful marks made my our growing baby girl. In fact they are her imprints on me. I call them her tiger stripes.

I will really miss this belly when she is here but when I see her I will be reminded that she was housed for 9 cozy months. She has forever left a mark in our hearts and on my belly.



8 comments:

non-fat-caramel-does-lesbian-baby-making said...

Great pic!

Our Journey said...

Love the belly picture :)! Hope all is well!

Journeyof2beMommies said...

Just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

So sweet!

More Than Words said...

This is a beautiful picture! What a lucky baby to have a mom who will teach her to embrace and love her body. So excited for you gals!

Rachael said...

Hey! I nominated you for a Leibster Award because I freaking love your blog and others should too!

Lexi + Sarah said...

All these comments make me blush!

Rachael thanks for the nomination!!

JustMe said...

Only six weeks left!!

I love the belly photo and I totally agree with you. It IS beautiful. It's beautiful because of what it means. Not to mention, it's beautiful in and of itself. Round and fertile.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila