Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The little ovaries that could!

That title says it all! Yes, my little ovaries have done their job, and we are both very proud of them! We went into our last ultrasound before our egg retrieval and we really didn't know what expect. We were nervous about the growth of our follicles. On Monday, June 11th my follicles were between 11-13 both ovaries and when we went in today all of them were 18mm! Wowzers! They sure did grow! Yep, the little ovaries that could! Our doctor was so proud of how they grew and he said my lining was perfect. More than what they expect. The best news he gave us what the fact that he counted 25 eggs! At our first appointment we were only looking at 20. So an increase in eggs is a huge plus!! He also said there could be more that he cannot see! Only time will tell us how many!

We got our pre-op instructions today and I think its settling in. In about a day we will be walking in bright and early to do our retrieval! I can't believe we are here. At first time was going sooooo slow and now days are going so quickly!

The past couple of days have been rough on me. Moving is a huge task and I am slower than molasses. Bending is out of the question. These follicles sure are getting bigger! So tonight I will most likely be sleeping on our recliner because laying down is just too annoying!

Well until next time!

6 comments:

non-fat-caramel-does-lesbian-baby-making said...

I really am very excited for you both re: egg collection! Woohoo!

poodlesfriend said...

Yay Lexi! The day we have been waiting for is finally here. This has been an amazing time for those of us on the sideline following your journey has been awesome for us. I look forward to reading your blogs and being able to learn all the things involved is so appreciated. I am one happy and proud Grandma!

Katelyn said...

Ahhh I'm so excited for you two! Constant prayers coming your way :)

Lexi + Sarah said...

Thank you! Egg retrieval went great! Pretty exciting!

Lexi + Sarah said...

We couldn't believe how fast time went by so glad to be where we are in our lives. Thank you so much grams!

Lexi + Sarah said...

Thank you Kate! We are over the moon about everything that is happening!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila