Friday, June 15, 2012

The biggest Easter egg hunt, EVER!!




**Long post!**

Today was our egg retrieval! So excited to be writing this post! We went to bed really early because I knew I would be waking up in the middle of the night due to excitement/nervousness and what do you know....3:30 rolls around and I am wide awake! In fact we both woke up and talked and stayed up until we had to wake up! We both got ready and before you knew it we were making the drive to our facility. We arrived exactly at 7:39 and we waited in the car. We didn't want to be too early, LOL! We walked in and they took us back immediately. They took us to a waiting room and I had to sign some more papers before going under. They took us back and had me change, put some cozy socks on and sit until they were ready to put my IV in. I have to say totally off subject but the gown they gave me was awesome! It has a heating chamber that blows heat throughout my entire gown so I was so warm!

They had a hard time starting my IV in the wrist due to the fact that I had zero fluids. Finally they got one and thankfully it didn't hurt because they numbed me! After having my IV placed they waited 30 minutes. In between this the anesthesiologist came in to talk to us. She was super nice and she mentioned I had lots of eggs! She explained to me that I would be put out and would not feel a thing, phew! They sent Sarah off to the waiting room and this is when it hit me...this was really happening. I was scared and I started to shake really bad. They wheeled me in to the surgery center and transferred me to the other table. I had to put my legs on stir ups and have my legs tied down. They gave me some meds to help relax and boy was I relaxed! The phone rang and they said the doctor was coming in and he came in shook my hand and said lets get this started! After that it was a complete blur! Next thing you know I am waking up on the recovery room.

They brought Sarah back and she held my hand and said I was a trooper. I was in some pain and they gave me pain meds and started my Intralipid fusion. They took such great care of me. They gave me snacks, a movie to watch, and checked on me constantly. This is the best care I have ever had!We were waiting to see how many eggs they had retrieved. It was soooo nerve wracking. How many did they get?!

You ready........
31 EGGS!!! Thats right this is the best Easter egg hunt ever if you ask me!! He said that was fabulous! Sarah and I were both in shock and I told Sarah that was the reason I had a hard time walking this past couple of weeks LOL! The doctor explained to us that every day we will be getting a call to tell us the "fertilization report". This is going to tell us how many survive from day to day. Then he assured us that we will be doing a 5 day transfer! So if all goes well we will be having our transfer on June 20th!

We have been at home resting. I took a long nap and now I am just resting. Kinda still in pain but not too bad. My goal is to rest all weekend to get back to normal before the transfer. Ive got five days to get back to semi-normal!

I also wanted to say a thank you to all of our family and friends for being there and praying and sending positive thoughts during this time. We greatly appreciate it and feel so very loved. I would also like to send a thank you to my wonderful wife Sarah. You have been amazing to me taking care of me and loving me. How did I get so lucky?! I love you!

Till next time!

8 comments:

Meela said...

Wow! That it ALOT of eggs!!! I'm surprised you were walking at all lol. All the best with your little eggs as they fertilize and grow. Very exciting!

Lexi + Sarah said...

Meela we were pretty shocked as well! It got really bad a couple days before but after that Lupron trigger I felt a ton better. We are praying everyday for all our eggs! Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's a lot of eggs, you must have been waddling about in some pain. Take care of yourself now, I'm sending you all positive vibes. Blasto in t-5.... Exciting.

poodlesfriend said...

Super happy for you! Great job on the video and blog. I still have those little eggs and you covered in prayer for all good things. Yay Lexi and Sarah!!!!

non-fat-caramel-does-lesbian-baby-making said...

Omg!!! 31 eggs!!! Fantastic news! :-D

Ryann said...

Hope everything is going well. Thinking of you both! Can't wait to find out how many fertilized.

Lexi + Sarah said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! We were pretty shocked as well! They really did take everything, lol!

non-fat-caramel-does-lesbian-baby-making said...

Hey ladies

Just wanted to say yesterday both The Wife and I watched this video (loved it) and also the other one re mixing up the vials for injecting. I realise this time around you didn't get the outcome you deserved but your videos were informative to another L couple all the way across the ocean...and it is lovely that you have them to look back on in years to come. I also loved the music choices! Can you let me know the name of the song played towards the end? We loved it! Good thoughts as always coming to you for the next chapter xoxo

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila