Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Moving Forward

We would like to say "Thank you" to all of the support from everyone. You are all awesome and your comments mean the world to both Sarah and I. These past couple of days have been a learning experience between both of us and our future goals. We have learned that letting go of the past is crucial in growing, but that is easier said than done. The past always has ways of replaying in our minds. I want to close this chapter of our book and start a fresh new one.

After much talk we decided we are not going to do the frozen embryo transfer and instead transfer facilites. You may be thinking....what the heck is going on?! There have been some kinks in this journey and we thought that they would go away but they keep coming back. The clinic we went with was not the best. They were not patient oriented and getting through them was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. On top of it we felt like there was zero communication between the doctor/embrologist and us. They never called us to tell us how many eggs had fertilized instead the nurse did and on the day of the transfer we never spoke with the embrologist. Most frusturating was the fact that after our BFN they told us the next available appointment was a month away! How in the heck do they expect us to wait that long to figure out why we failed our first IVF?! No thanks! We even emailed our RE and still no response five days later...poor service. I have called three times and left three messages. Why do I have to keep trying? No more!

So, we decided that we want to go with a clinic that has a higher success rate with IVF. There cycles are more pricey but worth it. A clinic we should have gone with in the first place. We plan on transferring our frozen embryos to the new clinic and using them there as well. So no wasting here! We don't regret anything in fact we learned from all of this. Sometimes you have to go through bumps in the road. We grew from this experience.

So we don't have our phone consultation appointment until October 4th. And our first physical appointment on December 18th. Yes, I know its months away but this gives us time to save money and time to get ready.

We plan on getting healthier in the mix because we all know that these hormones made me bloat/gain weight.

We are super excited to start a fresh, new chapter! Thank you all for following us on our journey!

7 comments:

Meela said...

Good for you :). That must have been very frustrating and upsetting getting no support or communication from your clinic at a time like that when you really need it. Even though it's a wait, it sounds like a good move. And good to have that time to save and get your body back to normal again. I have the same issues with weight gain from drugs.

Lexi + Sarah said...

Thank you Meela! The weight gain from these drugs is no joke! Im still bloated! I notice the scale going down but not as fast LOL! I gained five pounds of weight from all these drugs! Oh plus five pounds of attitude, LOL!

non-fat-caramel-does-lesbian-baby-making said...

You are such strong and positive ladies. Glad you are making new choices that you feel good about. We will be following your new chapter and send lots of support! Xoxo

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. During this time, you need to feel like you have the full support of your RE. It sounds like you are making the right decision. This can be such a stressful time!

baubucho said...

I'm so sorry that this first try didn't work for you guys... Having said that, your current RE sounds MUCH like my first RE (whom I would no longer recommend to my worst enemy). We also transferred our 2 remaining frosties to a better clinic and moved forward (the story is all in my blog). Taking time off will be good for you to regroup and get a new plan set in motion:) I will be thinking of you guys!!

Lexi + Sarah said...

Thank you all! You are all right we need to feel comfortable and feel like we can trust our RE. Def. not feeling that. Still no response from him and we feel really happy with our choice and cant wait for October!

Ryann said...

I hope you don't think I have forgotten about you. For some reason your blog has not been letting me post comments. This is my 9th attempt.
I am so happy for the both of you that you have a plan for your future. You are both so strong and I know you will make the decision that is best for the both of you and your future family.
I will be praying that this next clinic is what you need. I know it's really hard to not feel a connection in a situation that is so personal.
Thinking of you both, Ryann.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila