Monday, November 19, 2012

You know you are doing TTC when......

Someone asks you what day it is and you respond with Cycle day 19!! This happened to me today at my acupuncture appointment. The receptionist was asking her co-worker what the day was so she could write out my receipt and smart one over here just answered what cycle day I was instead of the actual day. Wow! Talk about the meds talking......I do have to blame it on something, right?!

So these past couple of days have been filled with shots and more shots. Lupron is going just fine no side effects whatsoever and the birth control pills are finally just getting along with my body thank goodness.

The best news I have to report is that I finally, finally got the courage to do my own injection!!!!! YES YOU READ RIGHT, I DID MY OWN INJECTION!!! Not just once but twice! Psh I SO have this in the palm of my hands. I am so not afraid of you tiny needle!

In other news Thanksgiving is almost here, sad that the holiday just zip by us at the snap of a finger. We have family coming so it will be super busy and this whole IVF will not even be on my mind.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

I leave you with a proud pic of me holding my injection ready to go!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you!! Way to do your own injection! Feels good, doesn't it??? Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Mandee said...

My Lupron injections are going well but I am not good like you G still is doing mine lol I can't wait to take my last BCP today!! =)

Lexi + Sarah said...

Feel flippin fantastic!!! I love it!!

Lexi + Sarah said...

Oh it took me a lot if pep talking to even get there. Sarah usually does them but she had a late night so that is what prompted this and I'm glad it did because I took over a fear! Good luck and yay for no more BCP!! I stop mine on thanksgiving day! Lol

ivfover40 said...

Awesome! Takes courage to stick yourself!

Anonymous said...

I'm a nurse and I had a hard time EVERY time I had to inject myself. It would take at least a 5 min pep talk each time. I think being scared/reluctant is totally normal. Cycle day 19, that's pretty good.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila