Wednesday, March 20, 2013

2.5 years ago....

2.5 years ago this month we were preparing for our first IUI. We were so excited and nervous. We had everything ready and felt like this was it. We never knew at that moment that our world would be changed forever. We never knew how naive we were about this entire TTC process.

Thinking back to that first time and the times after that it boggled my mind as to why it just wasn't working. It seemed like we were doing everything right....were we not meant to be mommies? As our first failed IUI stared at us clear in the eye we knew it would get easier and harder at the same time. What we never knew was just how strong we would become, together.

I never in a million years thought we would be able to go through the emotional journey of TTC. We were both put to the test with our first IVF. All the countless injections, pills, exams, driving and crazy hormones were all so daunting at the start. I remember crying before we started....there next to me was my wife Sarah holding my hand with tears streaming down her face just as nervous as I was. Together we held hands tightly and went through our IVF battle ready for whatever came our way. By the second IVF we were ready. Our wounds were healed but there was still band-aids all over our broken hearts. Despite the past we kept going and kept smiling. Happy and blessed to be able to go through it again. Happy that everything went without any problems. Scared shitless we left our faith in God and let our worries out the door. We both always agreed that no matter what we would NEVER give up.

Then we got the best present in the entire world....at the moment of our positive pregnancy test all negative energy and bad memories went out the door. Only happy ones were filling the room. I remember looking at Sarah in front of me. We started jumping up and down and immediately stopped so our miracle wouldn't get hurt. We hugged each other so tight. I never wanted to let go because in her arms I felt safe. Ever since that positive test that has forever changed our lives our days are filled with daily talks to our baby girl and blissful thoughts of what she will look like and how exciting we are to become the mommies we have always longed for.

This year we celebrate 9 years together and I remember on our 4th date we were talking about children....and here we are getting ready to meet her in just five months!

Life is great, and one thing I can pass along is to never, ever give up!

6 comments:

Miriah said...

Hey Lex & Sara!

As I began reading your blogs I get chills! I cant help by cry and go through this with you girls! Im beyond excited for the 2 of you and know with all this craziness you girls have encountered that so much greatness will come! You both are already amazing mommies and Harper is so blessed to be loved by such incredible women!

<3 Miriah

Mandee said...

Our first IUI was 2 years ago this month! So glad in the end we are both pregnant now!!

Our Journey said...

Beautifully written :)

Unknown said...

So sweet-I can tell that you girls are going to be amazing mothers and this little peanut is going to have the best parents a kid could ask for! Thanks for keeping our heads and hearts above water. It's nice to see another couple with a happy ending.

Sugar said...

Brought tears to my eyes! Beautiful! Can't wait for what the next 5 months will bring to you both!!

Anonymous said...

My partner and I absolutely love your blog
and find a lot of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome web site!

Check out my webpage webfav.eu

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila